H’EVANS SCENT GOLDEN TICKET PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The H’Evans Scent Golden Ticket Promotion (“the Promotion”) is organized and managed by
Derrick Evans (“the Promoter”), owner and operator of H’Evans Scent; of Free Hill, Bamboo
St. Ann, Jamaica W.I.
2. The term of the promotion is from Thursday, Sept 6, 2018 to Saturday, Aug 31, 2019 (“the
Promotion Period”) as sanctioned by the Betting Gaming and Lotteries
Commission (“the BGLC”).
3. The Closing Date for entries is Saturday, Aug 31, 2019 as sanctioned by the
BGLC which shall be duly publicized on the Promotion’s website, via social media and/or in the
4. The Draw Date to determine the Winner of the Promotion is Wednesday, Sep 4, 2019.
Alternate Winners (up to 12) will also be selected on the Draw Date
to ensure Prize delivery in the event that the Winner or subsequent alternates do not meet
eligibility requirements or fail to claim the Prize within the prescribed time as provided herein.
5. The Promotion is open to
(i) individuals who have attained the age of eighteen (18) years on or before the Draw Date
(ii) legal entities duly registered on or before the Draw Date under the Laws of the country
in which they are incorporated
EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING PARTIES:
· Employees of the Promoter, his affiliates and subsidiary companies, as well as
representatives or agents of the Promoter;
· Anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion.
For the avoidance of doubt, Family members of the excepted parties are NOT deemed
ineligible for participation in the Promotion.
6. The Promotion is open to eligible individuals or legal entities who/which purchase a ticket or
tickets at www.goldenticketonline.com during the Promotion Period and retain the proof of
purchase in order to claim the Prize. The Purchaser of the ticket(s) must provide the Promoter
with his/her/its name, age, telephone number and email address at the time of purchase. Once
the Winning Ticket is drawn, the telephone number and/or the email address provided by the
Purchaser will be used to contact the Winning entrant. Each ticket purchased will entitle the
Purchaser to one entry for a chance to win the Prize listed below.
7. The Prize consists of:
(i) The transfer to the Winner, of 28 acres of land with buildings thereon, along with their
contents at Free Hill, Bamboo, St. Ann, Jamaica comprised in four (4) Certificates of Title
(“the land Titles”) valued at over US$2,100,000 free of liabilities as at the Draw Date;
(See complete list of Fixtures and Chattels here https://www.goldenticketonline.com )
(ii) The handover to the Winner of the debt-free Business Operations of “H’Evans Scent”
including but not limited to the use of the name “H’Evans Scent”, machinery, equipment
and other items appurtenant to the operation of the business;
(iii) A cash amount of US$40,000; and
(iv) A three-month operational handover / transitional consultation with the Promoter.
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – US$2,500,000.00
8. The Winner of the Promotion [and Alternates] will be chosen by way of random electronic
based on the Ticket/receipt number generated on the electronic proof of purchase provided at
the time of purchase. The Draw of the Winning ticket will stream live on the Promotion’s
website www.goldenticketonline.com and any other available media deemed appropriate by
the Promoter and will be overseen by a representative from the BGLC. The Promoter reserves
the right not to announce the Alternate Winners during the live broadcast.
9. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to contact the party named on the Winning
Ticket (“the Winner”), within 48 hours of the time of the Draw (“the Contact period”). Attempts
at contact will include a minimum of six (6) telephone calls to the number provided by the
Purchaser at the time of purchasing the ticket as well as via electronic mail to the email address
provided at the time of purchase.
10. Once the Promoter successfully comes into contact with the Winner during the Contact
the Winner will be given 24 hours to prove his/her/its eligibility to claim the Prize. It is a
condition precedent to the transfer of the Prize to the Winner, that the Promoter is satisfied
that he/she/it meets the eligibility requirements of identity, age and proof of purchase.
Decisions made by the Promoter in this regard are final.
11. In the event that the party named on the Winning Ticket does not (a) answer the Promoter’s
telephone calls within the Contact period; (b) successfully contact the Promoter by way of
return telephone call within the Contact period; or (c) within the Contact period reply to any
email sent by the Promoter to the party then the party shall thereafter be deemed ineligible to
claim the Prize and the Promoter shall have the right to contact the first Alternate Winner and
any subsequent Alternates (in the order in which the Alternate Winners were chosen at the time
of the Draw) until an eligible Winner is identified.
12. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to contact the first Alternate Winner within
hours of failure to contact the Winner. The conditions set out in paragraphs 10 and 11 (except
for the time provided as the Contact period which instead of 48 hours shall be substituted by 24
hours) will be similarly applicable to the Alternate Winner.
13. In the event that contact is not made with the first Alternate Winner within 24 hours as
aforesaid or if the first Alternate winner is ineligible to claim the Prize, the Promoter shall within
24 hours of each failure to confirm an eligible Winner make efforts to contact the party named
on the next entry drawn on the Draw date until an eligible Winner is identified.
14. The Prize must be claimed no later than 28 days after the Draw Date.
15. In order to claim the Prize in full, the eligible Winner of the Prize must present the Promoter
person with his/her/its Government issued photo identification, proof of age, proof of purchase
and must have a Jamaican Taxpayer Registration Number (“TRN”) or acquire one at his/her/its
own expense no later than 28 days after the Draw Date. In the case of the Winner being a legal
entity, the original Certificate of Incorporation and proof of the entity’s continued legal
existence shall be presented by a duly authorized Officer of the entity in lieu of photo
identification and proof of age.
16. The cost of travel to claim the Prize shall be met by the Winner solely. The Promoter shall
be responsible for making any travel arrangements for the Winner nor for arranging travel
insurance, medical insurance any transportation expenses, any accommodation expenses, any
meal expenses, any expenses of a personal nature nor any other travel related expenses.
17. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any claims of any nature whatsoever arising from
loss, illness, personal injury or damage incurred by the Winner during and/or in the course of
claiming the Prize of thereafter.
18. The Winner will be required to take part in publicity related to the Promotion and upon
the Prize gives the Promoter the unreserved rights to the use of his/her/its name and image, or
in the case of a legal entity, that of its duly authorized Officer and to disclose his/her/its
nationality and country of residence without receiving additional remuneration in this regard.
19. Refusal on the part of the Winner to take part in publicity as aforesaid will result in him/her/it
being deemed ineligible to claim the Prize.
20. In the event that the Winner fails to claim the Prize or is deemed ineligible to do so then the
Promoter shall be entitled to award the Prize to an Alternate Winner as provided for in these
Terms and Conditions.
21. If the Prize remains unclaimed at the expiration of 28 days after the Draw Date the Promoter
reserves the right at his sole discretion to forfeit or reclaim the Prize and award or dispose of
same in such manner and to such person/entity as he deems fit.
22. Save and except for the payment of Transfer Tax, Stamp Duty and Registration Fees on the
conveyance of the land Titles to the Winner which shall be met by the Promoter, the Winner
shall be responsible for any tax liability where applicable.
23. It is understood and agreed by Participants in the Promotion that the legal Transfer of the
Titles to the property will take place subsequent to the Claim period and the Promoter warrants
that he will take all reasonable steps to ensure the timely transfer of the Titles but shall not be
held liable for any delay caused by circumstances outside of his control.
24. Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with the Promotion shall be
liable for any loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or
damage) suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this Promotion or with
the Prize offered.
25. The Promoter disclaims any warranty or representation in relation to the Prize and shall not
responsible for the proper functioning of any fixtures, chattels, machinery or equipment
associated with the Prize (per the list provided) or any defect, loss or injury resulting from the
use of such fixtures, chattels, machinery or equipment.
26. By entering the Promotion all participants will be deemed to have understood accepted and
bound by these Terms and Conditions.
27. By accepting these Terms and Conditions all participants agree that their personal data will
collected and processed by the Promoter and/or his duly authorized agent(s) and stored in the
Promotion’s database and shall be used for the purpose of administering the Promotion. The
Promoter shall not be responsible for any loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or
consequential loss or damage) suffered or sustained in connection with the improper or
fraudulent use of the participants’ personal data by any person or party associated with the
Promotion nor by any unidentified/unauthorized third party.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to alter or amend
competition at any stage with the approval of the Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commission if
deemed necessary in his opinion or if circumstances arise outside of his control.
29. The Promotion and its Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by and
under the laws of Jamaica and any dispute arising thereunder shall be subject to resolution by a
Court of competent jurisdiction in Jamaica only.
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
30. This section informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of
Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
31. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the
Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
32. While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable
information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may
include, but is not limited to your name telephone number and email address.
33. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique
identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard
34. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to
refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept
cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
35. The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method
of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we
strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot
guarantee its absolute security and disclaim any liability for any loss arising from the unlawful
interception of information exchanged over our site. Your personal data will be shared with no
third party and will only be used to enhance your user experience on
respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after
being posted on this page.
email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.